Monday, January 14, 2008

Jan 12th by George


We now have time to add some pictures. Internet is slow and I had 87 emails to get rid of in one hour. Here is Janet on the radio, I think she looks kind of cute; don’t you?

Denise said she wanted to see mom riding a lion, so here you go. The lion was petrified when she jumped on its back.
Church has been interesting, and they are keeping me busy. Genevieve said that they wanted to squeeze every last thing out of me before I went home. So far I have spoken, for at least one hour, every day, and twice today (Sunday). The churches are all church plants and have around 50 people in attendance. They sing mostly acapella or with a Casio keyboard. The microphones have a distinct distorted sound that seems to be part of church in countries like this. While the worship is not as we know it, it is worship and is culturally current. They like long services and don’t want me to cut it short. The kids are very well behaved and just sit there, side by side for hours. There are very few white people around and they love to stare and stare. One little boy was at first afraid of Janet, but slowly he warmed up to her and kept touching her.

We love the Cameroon people. They are warm and friendly. The country also has very little corruption or crime as the government has zero tolerance for that.

That is all I have ready to post today. Today blew me away and I will try and get that post ready for tomorrow. I fogot my reading glasses and am struggling to just get these two posts up. I always keep a spare set in my leather jacket, bu for some reason I didn't need it as it is a constant 28-30 degrees here. Thanks for all your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, sounds like your having a good time. Although the 28 degree weather was exactly what i was feeling 24 hours ago. I went to Miami and on a whim I bought Meaghan and Mandy tickets so they could come. We had a great time and a lot of fun. The conference was really good and I got some good stuff out of it. Anyway I'll see you shortly.

Ron & Selene said...

Well it's Obvious to see that those relatives of George are from the ESSER side - that was a no brainer.
Jan - you look great. How come there is only the one picture of George, although it's hard to tell which ape was him!? LOL. Even accidents in little or no traffic happen - I hit someone in the Value Village parking lot today - we were both backing out at the same time, so to avoid insurance we are going halfsies at $568 each. OUCH! It was really more my fault than hers and she was pretty mad a me. Oh well, stuff happens.
Love Seleneozn

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!
Sounds like you're having a fun!
Thanks for all the updates. We sure appreciate them and will be reading regularly.
I loved reading about the toilet incident! At present we are doing dishes in our bathtub. No kitchen sink, counters or anything until next week. Still, we do have a working toilet!
Have a fantastic time!
Can't wait to hear the stories.
Hugs, Nancy M.

Anonymous said...

So was the lion more petrified or the boy?

It's a good thing that you think she's cute or she could get a complex!

Looking forward to hearing more stories (and apparently if you sit further away from the screen you can see the words better!)

Anonymous said...

Looks like the trip has been great, although not so relaxing! Good thing you are pretty easy-going Dad! They sound like they are squeezing as much as they can out of you!
We're looking forward to more pictures and to hearing about how the trip to the mountains went!
It's hard to believe you'll be home in less than a week!
Miss you and love you!