Monday, September 27, 2010

My First Golf Game in Over 5 years.

Shot a One Over Par!


I played golf for the first time in over 5 years at Chesley Lake at the Vineyard Men's Retreat. I ended up playing with Jacob Hettinga, Jimmy Teeple and Jeremy Guerette. It was fun and I did okay with a one over par.

I had decided to buy a new driver this year and took one lesson from Graham Bell at Oakwood golf course for my birthday. Then I went to the driving range at Hiawatha and hit about 350 balls. My only club was my new driver at this point. A few weeks ago, my friend Chris Sockett gave me his set of clubs and so I was ready to play and this opportunity was timely. The clubs were great and even included a Sand wedge and a pitching wedge. The only problem was when it was time to putt...there was no putter...so I used my new driver.


Did I tell you that the scoring was based on best ball? At least they used my ball twice. :)

No comments: