Monday, January 21, 2008

Last Day

We are spending the last day recuperating from the conference. It was a good conference but tiring. They go on and on and then finally it is time to speak and they expect 2 hours. Well on Thursday, Quinton preached from 11-12pm (supposed to be 10-12pm) and then said he was done. Then Clever stands up and says, "We will take a short break and come back for Quinton to do another teaching." Basically we ended up doing 2 teachings in the morning, back to back, and 2 more in the evening. I have done something like 16 hours of teaching on this trip in 8 days (out of 11 days). We had 2 cities cancelled so that saved me an additional 4 hours. I still have a closing speech to do tonight. Tonight is African night where we will dress up in traditional African clothing. They will give us gifts (we already received several) and we will give gifts. Then there is 2 hours scheduled for closing speeches. We leave for the airport around 10pm and our flight is scheduled to leave at 11:45pm. Then 7 hours to Paris, 5 hour layover and 7.5 hours to Toronto and 3 hour drive home. Pray for 2 things, one for safety and two, that Air France is overbooked and they pay us to delay our flight in Paris so we can spend a couple of days there.

One really neat bonus was Quinton. He and I clicked really well and it was great to gain a friend in South Africa and to have some Western connection to talk and relate to (besides my wife). He is a PHD theologian and works for Vineyard Bible Institute and has much experience in African culture and helped me to understand certain things.

Well that is all for now as I had no free “local” internet since Friday and I am trying to get my internet stuff done quickly in a travel agent office.

Thanks for all your love and support. It is much easier doing this knowing we have a group at home who love and care for us and are praying for us.

Love George


One really neat bonus was Quinton. He and I clicked really well and it was great to gain a friend in South Africa and to have some Western connection to talk and relate to (besides my wife). He is a PHD theologian and works for Vineyard Bible Institute and has much experience in African culture and helped me to understand certain things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's too bad about the camera batteries - I was hoping to see you two dressed in African garb!

We'll pray for Air France to be seriously overbooked!

See you soon,
Darren.

Rob & Debb said...

Hey guys,

You probably won't see this until you get back. Just wanted to let you know that we have been thinking about you lots. Can't wait to see you in person and hear all about it.

I pray you get a couple of days rest in Paris. That would be very awesome.


Let me know when you are home safely.

Love you and miss you,
Debb