Saturday, January 14, 2012

Church Service in Kathmandu Vineyard Church

The Kathmandu Vineyard church is more than a Sunday church, it helps the poor throughout the week and all the Sunday offerings are designated to help the poor that week. The make up of their congregation is mostly very poor people. They are so poor that they cannot afford to come to church as a family so only one person will go. To help the situation, the have created two other satellite churches and all three churches meet together once a month for a big celebration. This video shows the Vineyard complex from the court yard perspective.

Church services are on Saturday in Kathmandu and we attended the service here. It is very similar to style and feel as our church River City Vineyard here back home. So with the poor, their weekly outreach and their service style, it seems like they are so much a part of us and I have posted 2 worship songs that I recorded. The first one sounds like a worship song I would like our band to learn. The second song, I take a shot around the room.

We leave tomorrow for the mountains. I think I have a little bit more information now and can let you know what we are doing. We are leaving at 5:30am to catch a 6am bus. The bus ride will be 8 hours and then we will get a hotel for the night. The following day, we will arrive at Gatlang and spend some time there. After that we will climb over a 12,000ft peak to get to the other side to visit the Nessing church. We will sleep in the Nessing church and prepare our own meals. Gatlang has about 300 houses and is on a road, Nessing is remote and only accessible by a 2-3hr hike, and has about 47 homes and is 100% believers. We are expecting a lot of snow up there.

I am trying to upload pictures and videos but the internet is spotty right now and I am currently hoping I can publish what I here right now.

It is 1:23am and I need to go to bed. There will be no further posts for 5 days or so.

1 comment:

Denise Esser said...

Jealous! I want to go on that hike! Thanks for your text; it made my weekend. I took a screen cap and have been showing everyone and posted it in FB. I love you too.