Saturday, January 21, 2012

Gatlang


We walk from Chauhottar to Gatlang in about 1 hour and arrive at Pastor Prem’s house. In the photo is me on top, then (from left to right) Raju, Prem, and Hari. We end up praying for a man who is dumb and has just come from a hernia operation. We then go to see the church and Prem tells me of his vision to add a Sunday school room to the back of the church. The children currently meet outside which doesn’t work in the rainy season.

One of the places we visited in Gatling I noticed some meat hanging from the rafters. Later on, I noticed this in several places. But being the first time I saw it, I enquired as to what it was. I was told it was beef. Then they asked me if I wanted to try some Barbeque. I gave a reluctant “Sure” and down came two pieces from the rafters and on to a stick over the open flame. After a few minutes, they removed the sticks and just put the strips into the fire. Then they took the stick and kept moving the beef from coal to coal in a fashion that looked like they were stirring the beef into the ashes. For a guy who likes his meat rare, this whole process was taking way too long. Mean while, to take our minds off of the Barbie, they offer us some bread which resembled a cross between a mini pizza shell and oil fried bread. It was tasty and I took my second helping and used it to wrap my Barbie. It was taste but very chewy. We only stay a few hours as we need to get to Nessing before dark.

2 comments:

Janet Esser said...

I think that you need to do a detox after your diet of charred meat and white flour!
You look like Anderson Cooper on the top picture!
Missing you.

Denise Esser said...

Looks like fun!